Here are 7 Actions To Enable You To Better Deal With Tomorrow’s Challenges
- Turn the TV off! Yes, OFF! Well… mainly the major news networks. You only need to catch the main news ONCE a day otherwise you will find yourself being subconsciously affected by the constant onslaught of bad news and the “latest economic downturn”. Remaining constantly plugged into the bad news has the same effect on your mind as attending funerals of people you know on a daily basis. It abuses your emotional system.
- ACCEPT situations that you can do nothing about right now and instead look to situations that you can do something about to effect a positive change.
- Avoid gathering that involve friends, relatives or colleagues where topics of conversation are anxiety-ridden, dreary, complaining sessions. These again are an abuse to your emotional system even though it may at first seem healthy to share how you feel. This only works if in the process of sharing you are assured of being provided with positive, encouraging feedback or support.
- Set goals that make you WANT TO achieve them. CELEBRATE each baby step taken. And keep going.
- Keep looking forward with a certainly of GOOD things to come. Wake up each morning and remind yourself that “Today is a brand new day and I feel GOOD about it”.
- Be conscious of what activities energize you and ensure you maintain a regular dose of such activities. This could be hiking, swimming, meditating or even sleeping (who knew).
- Build your external support system – this could be family, friends, colleagues or of course, someone like me perhaps…
Originally written: 2009 All Rights Reserved © A.V.Powers
Follow me on twitter: @StrategicPowers